"It reminds me of our own Kashmir"
Late Mr. Rajiv Gandhi when he visited Bishkek.
- Formal name: The Kyrgyz Republic
- Location: Kyrgyzstan is located in Central Asia, bordering Kazakhstan to the north, Uzbekistan to the west, Tajikistan to the southwest, and China to the southeast.
- Land Boundaries: 4,573 km China 1063 km, Kazakhstan 1,212 km, Tajikistan 984 km, Uzbekistan 1,314 km
- Population: Approximately 6 million
- Capital: Bishkek is the political, economic, and administrative center of Kyrgyzstan, as well as being a place of historical and cultural significance.
- Languages: The main official language is Kyrgyz, though Russian has also been recognized as an official language.
- Religion: Roughly 80% of the population is non-denominational Muslim, with another 15% following Russian Orthodoxy, and the rest following other religions.
- Currency: The Kyrgyz som (KGS) is the official currency.